Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Mage Hunter

I did some painting in the past days and I tried to document it as much as I can. Well, it wasn't an easy procedure, because my precision brush took this "style" permanently after I finished putting on the base colours:


But of course I didn't begin this blog as my personal complaint office, so let's see the miniature, by name: a Mage Hunter. Full designation: Privateer Press -> Warmachine -> Retribution of Scyrah -> Mage Hunter Strike Force -> grunt2. I would like the colours to came out clearly, so I basecoated with white.


I wouldn't add too much to the colours, I use ancient Citadel paints, none of them can be found in their current name, and everyone will find something similar but cheaper. If somebody wants to know anyway, ask in comment.


The next step was the shading, I used strongly watered dark brow for every cloth and wooden surfaces, and a moderately dark flesh for the skin.



After that (with watered paint) I made highlight on the cape and the edges of the clothes. The boots and gloves too got their final colour.


Next, the few plated areas got their colour, by using the green used as the base, mixed by different amounts with metallic paint.



 After that I finalized the skin, hair and eye colour.



 Then I highlighted the metallic parts, the brown ones with gold, the sword with silver. Also, the blade's upper part got a slight turqouise fade.


Finally, I marked the front arc on the base, and the crossbow gained a lighter wood grain (I know, it turned out quite shitty, but I'd like to repeat the state of my brush)


Some fine tuning on the base, brown synthetic turf, and it's considered done for now.






If you have something to add, you can do it down below. See you next time!

Read it in hungarian!

No comments:

Post a Comment